INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
PARADIP REFINERY , PARADIP
Advertisement No. PDR/HR/01/Rectt-17 Date : 01-03-2017
On-line registration of application commences from 07-03-2017 and closes on 27-03-2017.
The link to the on-line registration of the application has been hosted on the website www.iocrefrecruit.in
The Written Test is likely to be held on 30.04.2017.
Requirement of Experienced Non-executive Personnel
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company requires result oriented experienced personnel with initiative and enterprise for its state of the art Refinery at Paradip, Odisha.
On-line Applications are invited from bright, young and energetic persons of Indian Nationality for the following post in the pay scale of Rs. 11,900-32,000/- :-
Name of the Post
Jr. Engg Asstt-IV
1. Positions are operated with work arrangements in three shifts (rotating shifts). Incumbents may be required to perform duties in any of the work arrangements depending upon work exigencies.
2. Number of vacancies indicated above is tentative and may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute discretion of the management and in compliance with the Presidential Directives on Reservation at the time of appointment.
3. The vacancies notified above involves working in operations activities in Plant area (rotating shifts). Petroleum Refining is considered as complex and hazardous process and hence vacancies notified above are not identified for Persons with Disabilities.
A. Qualification & Experience Criteria:
Name of the Post
Qualification (Full Time Regular Courses only from Indian Universities/ Institutes)
Area of Experience
Jr. Engg Asstt-IV
3 years Diploma in Chemical / Refinery & Petrochemical Engineering or B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry) from a recognized Institute/ University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions.
Minimum one year of post qualification experience in operation (rotating shift) of Pump House, Fired Heater, Compressor, Distillation Column, Reactor, Heat Exchanger etc. in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Fertilizer /Heavy Chemical/Gas Processing Industry.
B. Important Instructions:
1. Qualification for the purpose of this clause would mean the qualification based on which candidature is offered or considered claimed by a candidate. Prescribed qualification shall be strictly adhered to.
2. The prescribed qualification should be from a recognized University/Institute as a regular full time/sandwich Diploma course (Industrial training as part of the course with no break) with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate.
3. Candidates possessing Diploma under recognized lateral entry scheme [Class-XII(Science) admitted in 2nd year of Diploma Course] shall also be considered eligible subject to meeting prescribed percentage of marks on the basis of aggregate of 4 semesters in the diploma course.
4. The criteria for full time regular course shall not be insisted upon in case of Ex-Servicemen, provided they possess a requisite EQUIVALENT qualification that has been acquired during the service period and is recognized by AICTE/MHRD, GoI and have secured the prescribed minimum percentage of marks.
5. No claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification shall be entertained.
6. Candidates possessing higher professional qualification such as Graduate Engineers, MBA/MCA/CA/CS/ICWA/LLB or those claiming possession of a Qualification equivalent to the Qualification prescribed shall not be considered for the above post.
7. The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/testimonials, etc.
8. Suppression of information regarding possession of or pursuing higher qualification shall render a candidate ineligible for consideration at any stage of selection and termination at any time during employment, if recruited.
C. Opportunity for Women:
1. No woman is permitted to work in or allowed to enter any building in which the generation of gas from dangerous petroleum as defined in the petroleum Act 1934, is carried on. No woman is allowed to work in LPG storage and handling area.
2. Accordingly, Women candidates will not be considered for the above vacancies.
D. Reservation for SC/ST/ExSM :
1. Reservation of Posts for SC/ST candidates and relaxations thereof will be in terms of numbers indicated above.
2. SC/ST/OBC candidates can be considered under General standard of merit against the un-reserved posts provided no relaxation in age, qualification etc. is availed of/extended to them.
3. Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) may also apply for the above vacancies provided they meet the eligibility criteria applicable to General Candidates.
4. Prescribed reservation for Ex-servicemen will be applied on horizontal basis as per Govt. guidelines.
E . Other Concessions/Relaxations to SC/ST & Ex-Servicemen:
1. The minimum qualifying marks will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories considered with relaxation against reserved positions.
2. SC/ST candidates called for Written Test and Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test will be reimbursed single IInd class rail fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of Written Test and Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 Kms.
3. SC/ST/ExSM candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
F. Age limit/Relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST & Ex-servicemen :
1. Certificate issued by a Board of Secondary Education for passing Matriculation/Higher Secondary shall be the only acceptable document in support of proof of age.
2. Minimum 18 year and Maximum age shall be 26 years for General and OBC candidates.
3. Relaxation in age upto 5 years for SC/ST candidates considered against reserved positions will be allowed.
4. Relaxation to Ex-servicemen will be allowed as per Govt. guidelines.
5. Age relaxation of a period equal to minimum years of experience notified against a post shall be allowed.
6. Period of an Apprenticeship training in an industry (and an Internship training in IOCL Refinery) covered under the experience criteria notified in this advt. relevant to a post will be considered for relaxation in age.
7. Further, period of an Apprenticeship training in an industry (and an internship training in IOCL Refinery) covered under the experience criteria notified in this advt. relevant to a post may be considered as experience. However, in such cases, relaxation towards age shall not be available.
G. Date of reckoning Eligibility criteria :
1. The date for the purposes of possession of qualification, meeting age criteria and for period of experience shall be 31.03.2017.
H. Pay & Perks :
1. Besides Basic Pay and Industrial pattern of DA, the other allowances/ benefits include HRA/subsidized housing accommodation (as per availability), Medical Facilities, Productivity/Performance Related Pay, Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees’ Pension Scheme, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Leave Encashment, Leave Travel Concession/LFA, Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund Scheme, House Building Advance, Conveyance Advance/Maintenance Reimbursement, Children Education Allowance etc., as per Corporation rules.
I. Selection Methodology :
1. The selection methodology will comprise Written Test and a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test which will be of qualifying nature.
2. A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the written test to qualify for further consideration.
3. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories considered against reserved positions.
4. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for further consideration or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
5. Shortlisted candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one post, with due cognizance to number of reserved posts) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to undergo a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT). The SPPT shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
6. In case of tie of marks in the written test for the last position on the Shortlist for SPPT, all such candidates shall be called for the SPPT, even if the total number exceeds the prescribed ratio. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
7. Category-wise Merit list shall be drawn on the basis of marks obtained in the written test from & out of the said short-list; only for such candidates who qualify in the SPPT.
8. In case of tie of marks for the last position on the Merit List, the candidate with prior date of birth (senior by age) shall find a place in the Merit list. However, the name of the junior shall also be
retained in the said Merit List, as the last name. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names in the list, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
9. Ex-Servicemen candidates, if found suitable, will be considered against reserved vacancy irrespective of their position in merit list (in order of merit within the category) on horizontal reservation policy.
10. The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/testimonials, experience etc. At any stage of the selection process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information, the candidature/appointment of the candidate will be cancelled.
11. Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if some of these vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability of available candidates or insufficiency in number of candidates.
12. The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
J. Pre-Employment Medical and Physical Fitness:
1. Candidates are advised to ensure that they are medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical examination” and satisfy themselves of meeting the fitness criteria before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link:
K. Liability to Declare
1. Candidates with reported ailments, deficiencies or abnormalities and also those with finding of not meeting the physical fitness criteria as above, shall make a declaration to this effect while submitting their application.
2. A candidate found UNFIT during medical examination conducted by any refinery unit while seeking engagement as an apprentice in the past shall also be required to declare the same with reasons for being declared UNFIT.
L. General Instructions :
1. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of on-line application.
2. A candidate employed in Govt/Govt Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will be required to submit ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ at the time of Written Test, failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test. Such candidates, if offered an appointment, shall be required to submit proper ‘RELEASE ORDER’ from their employer at the time of joining, without which they will not be allowed to join.
3. General and OBC candidates are required to pay Rs.150/- (Rs. One hundred fifty only) as application fee (non-refundable) by way of a crossed Demand Draft in favour of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. payable at State Bank of India, Paradeep Branch (Branch Code: 003945, IFSC Code : SBIN0003945), the number/details of which are required to be furnished in the on-line Application Form. Payment in any other form will not be accepted.
M. How to Apply : On-Line Application Form
1. Before applying on-line, a candidate must have an active email ID and a mobile phone number which must remain valid for at-least twelve month period for future communication (including issue of call letters).
2. The candidate should have the relevant documents/certificates pertaining to age, qualification, caste, experience, demand draft (if required) and scanned copy of colored photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying on-line. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
3. Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a post, may visit the website www.iocrefrecruit.in and apply on-line on IOCL website which will remain open from 07-03-2017 to 27-03-2017. Only online mode of application will be accepted.
4. After successfully applying/registering on-line applications, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in on-line application form. The print out along with all supporting documents as mentioned in the check list attached to the application form including demand draft (if applicable) with name, address, post code & Application No. written on the reverse of the DD is required to be sent by ordinary post to Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Paradip Refinery, Post Box No. 145, General Post Office (GPO), Bhubaneswar-751001. Printout of online application received after 05-04-2017 shall be treated as “Rejected”.
5. Candidates are advised to carry a copy of the application with original & self-authenticated copies of all testimonials and produce the same at the time of SPPT for verification.
6. Incomplete applications, applications not supported by copies of relevant documents, applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria or applications received after the last date of receipt of applications(in physical form) shall be treated as ‘Rejected’.
7. Candidates shall note that the documents sent to any other address or sent as a registered letter, shall stand automatically rejected.
8. Further information regarding written examination, call letters, results, etc shall be made available through this website/over email. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep visiting the website regularly.
9. Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible. Queries, if any, may be addressed to the e-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org Contact No. 06722 - 252040
Important Dates for Candidates :
DATE OF OPENING OF ONLINE APPLICATION : 07-03-2017
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION : 27-03-2017
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF PRINTOUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION
FORM ALONG WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS : 05-04-2017
LIKELY DATE OF PUBLICATION OF WRITTEN TEST RESULT : 05-05-2017
Contact on Phone No. 06722 -252040 or email to email@example.com
Canvassing in any form is liable to render a Candidate Ineligible
Be Aware of Frauds
Recruitment in Indian Oil are undertaken only through Employment Exchange/ Press Notification. NnnNotifuNotificNotificationsNotifications